PREREQUISITE: Freedom Academy Level 1
Freedom Academy Level 2 provides an opportunity for Freedom Academy Level 1 graduates to expand their training over three days of lecture-style teaching, facilitator-led small group story work, and one-on-one peer coaching sessions. In this next level of training, participants should come prepared to engage honestly with the content and fellow attendees.
BIBLICAL AND PRACTICAL TEACHING
Lecture sessions will include teaching sessions with Certified Trauma Informed Story Coach, Karrie Garcia, StrengthsFinder Coach and Townsend Director, Jeff Myers, and Kaitlyn McCarty, AMFT and cover a variety of topics including:
- Understanding what story work is and why it’s important
- A deeper dive into your story and the ramifications it has had on your present
- How trauma affects our stories and how to care for those places of wounding
- Understanding how Jesus modeled holding people’s stories
- How engaging your story can unlock your calling
- Learn how to help those you love and lead identify their own limiting beliefs
- How the enemy has assaulted your story and how to overcome his lies
In small groups, participants will share a childhood story and receive care from the trained group facilitator as well as their fellow group members. Additionally, participants will gain practical tools on how to hold other people’s stories within a group setting.
ONE-ON-ONE PEER COACHING
Participants further hone their coaching skills while learning how to integrate deeper levels of story work into their conversations.
WORSHIP & SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
Daily exercises to help participants pause, connect with the Holy Spirit, and create space to hear His voice.
Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Continental Breakfast and Catered Lunch included
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Continental Breakfast and Catered Lunch included
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Continental Breakfast and Catered Lunch included